- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of definitions in Epidemiology, Various epidemiological measures and Principles of epidemiology for scientific and ethical discussion of health related events and problems.
- Apply principles of causation to make causal inference from epidemiologic studies. Recognizing the relative strengths and limitations and estimation of disease occurrence rates or death
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of epidemiological study designs in public health, their uses, and drawing appropriate inferences from such epidemiological data
- Critically evaluate the public health screening programs
- Understand the key sources of data like epidemiologic investigations, studies, and surveillance.
- Explain the basic concepts of management
- Application of the key management concepts in decision making
- Understand the role of management and the manager’s activities in an organisation
- Understand the Basics of Process
- Demonstrate the Process flow for various processes
- Explain the Simulation and modeling methods to understand the dynamic nature of business process
- Apply and analyze the methods of Planning for improvement of the Processes involved through Optimization
- Discuss the concept and stages of product life cycle in an organization
- Learn the marketing strategies at each stage of new product development
- Develop a New Product Development (NPD) Plan for a new product or service concept by applying the new product development framework utilized throughout the course
- Discuss the brand elements, brand strategies, brand identity, brand equity, brand loyalty and brand valuation
- Ethics to be followed in branding
- Discuss managerial processes such as management cycle, resources, planning, implementation, evaluation, health systems, product and services.
- Explain planning cycle, its importance to sustain the systems
- Discuss the rational and process involved in strategic plan frame work, group dynamics and leadership is management tools in health system
- Discuss social marketing as a contemporary issue in Promoting health technology.
- Describe an apply human resources management in workplace environment.
- Explain the purpose of policy mechanism of its process and advocacy in public health.
- Understand the principles and concepts of Public health nutrition.
- Learn nutritional epidemiology and its applications in research and development.
- Critically analyse global food security issues and its implications on nutrition and health.
- Develop insights on international, national and local public health nutrition programmes to address malnutrition-under nutrition and over nutrition.
- Appraise the different e-tools to improve population nutrition.
- Analyse the main components and challenges in organisation, financing, and delivery of health care and public health services
- Evaluate public health policies and programs that promote health and health equity
- Develop a capacity to apply conceptual framework to understand policy processes in health care
- Discuss the roles of supply and demand in policy making in health care sector
- Discuss various concept, principles and parameters of quality circles in manufacturing and service sector.
- Explain different quality management frameworks.
- Illustrate the types of reliability, process capability and significance of statistical process control for effective management of quality.
- Relate the stages and principles in failure mode effect analysis and house of quality
- Discuss the importance of performance excellence and organisational change by TQM.
- Describe the scientific method as it is applied to research in public health practice.
- Identification of the research problem and defining objectives of the study. Describe the relevance of the problem chosen for research, through good literature review.
- Identify an appropriate study design and apply it to produce valid results.
- Describe effectively and interpret the present results to fellow scientists and investigators, policy-makers and administrators, and the public.
- Demonstrate the proposal writing to funding agencies for grant of funds. Be responsive to ethical issues and safeguard the interest of all stakeholders.