This certification course prepares the learners for jobs at various levels of Biostatistics. Some of the designations that can be achieved on completion of the course include, learners will be able to fit in as an biostatistician, lead biostatistician, manager biostatistics.
Upon completion of the course, students should have acquired an understanding of the following broad topics:
- Describe descriptive techniques commonly used to summarise biological data
- Describe descriptive and inferential methodologies according to the type of study design for answering a particular research question
- Describe common statistical methods for inference
- Develop written and oral presentations based on statistical analyses for both public health professionals and educated lay audiences
- Use statistical software to analyse health related data and interpret results of statistical analyses
- Capability to build statistical model and compare efficiency of models