A certificate in epidemiology, learners can work as medical research analyst, medical journalists and scientific officers in the government and other private sectors. With improvements in medical records and information technologies, epidemiologists will have more opportunities to analyze and evaluate medical information.
Upon completion of the course, students should have acquired an understanding of the following broad topics:
- Understand the concept of health and disease and levels of prevention
- Understand and calculate basic tools of epidemiology along with classification of various epidemiological study designs
- Understand the concept of variation, confounders, screening, monitoring, evaluation and surveillance
- Able to conduct investigation of epidemic, understand concept of EBM and systematic review, conduct meta-analysis
- Understand concept of clinical, environmental and occupational epidemiology and its application