This course comprises of 3 parts:
- Flexible online learning at your own pace.
- Interactive live webinars with faculty members regarding the procedures.
- MCQ based assessment at the end of the course.
Total learning hours: 30 hrs of learning+10 hrs of practical (Care of patient with mechanical ventilator)
Will be able to manage the ICU patients.
This course is designed for all licensed medical professionals in developing their expertise in advanced therapies and care for critically ill patients. So they can support the critical care team when caring for the patient. It will enable medical professionals to function as critical care specialists.
Module 1: Introduction to critical care
- Concept of critical care
- Code management
- Principles of critical care management
- Assessment of critically ill patient
Module 2: Advance therapies and procedures for the critically ill patient
- Advanced airway management
- Skills in setting and handling mechanical ventilation
- ABG analysis and interpretation
- Basic life support
Module3: Infection prevention and control in the critical care unit
- Hospital-acquired infection
- Infection control protocol and guidelines
Module 4: emergency medication administration
- Emergency drugs in ICU
- Role of health care professionals in drug administration
Module 5: Medico-legal aspects of critical care
- Medical-legal issues in the care of the critically ill patient
- Strategies to overcome the issues