- To learn the need for maintenance, types of maintenances, various maintenance strategies and policies
- To expose the participants to the concept of reliability
- To understand the concepts of Failure analysis, Failure time Distributions, Overhaul and Repair, MTBF, MTTF and Useful Life
- To know about the replacement models and optimal interval between preventive replacement of equipment subject to break down
- Recognize the basic concepts and components of Managerial job.
- Demonstrate the learning of managerial styles in terms of concern for production and concern for people.
- Identify different systems of management and incorporating these in to followers success, in organisation.
- Develop the essential skills needed for each individual, in reaching the winning edge.
- Discuss the concept of demand and supply
- Emphasize the different economic approaches in making the effective business decisions
- Discuss the different marketing structure in competitive markets
- Analyse the operation of the business within the economic environment
- The primary objective of this course is to explain the theory and practice of marketing management enabling the students to appreciate the need to be holistic and customer centric while designing and implementing marketing programmes in today’s competitive global economy.
- The course will guide the students in crafting the marketing mix systematically.
- The course will focus on frameworks and tools for market segmentation, targeting and positioning for successful brand building.
- The course will throw light on the dynamics of new marketing realities and will provide insights on how marketers create, communicate and deliver value to the customers profitably.
- Understand the basics of operating environment, manufacturing planning and control system and resource planning
- Study the materials requirement planning, manufacturing resource planning and production control with codification
- Learn the inventory policies, retail discounting model and newsvendor model
- Understand forecasting and purchasing management and specific purchasing activities
- Describe the historical background and contemporary trends of maternal and child health.
- Understand the basic terms and definitions of indicators.
- Identify common causes of mortality and morbidity among women and children and discus maternal and child health issues and interventions
- Illustrate the MCH status and intervention efforts of Government of Zambia
- Identify low-cost, effective community-based approaches to intervention of MCH issues.
- Understand the basic concept of organizational development
- Examine the Change process in an organization
- Analyse the Organizational Development Process
- Learn the OD interventions required to enhance the managerial capability of an individual
- Understand the logical extension of performance measurement by planning and budgeting exercise that happens before a company’s fiscal year
- Identify the Marketing performance metrics or key performance indicators (KPIs) for marketing professionals but also for non-marketing executives
- Illustrate the benefits of compensation function
- Upon completion, the student should be able to recognise how pay decisions help the organisation achieve a competitive advantage
- Analyse, integrate, and apply the knowledge to solve compensation related problems in organisations
- Describe population and family health issues in focus on social problems.
- Enumerate the demographic cycle and theoretical models of population
- Assessment of family and enlist family risk.
- Describe interventions based on the family assessment in relation to health issues
- Explain the family structure, family function and the family process of family health, demonstrate the current issues to overpopulation in relation to the health issue